Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Zucchini Brownies



I got the recipe for these brownies from Baltic Maid. I have changed it ever so slightly.

These brownies have quickly become one of my favorite recipes, especially since we have more zucchini than we know what to do with and this recipe is a delicious way to use at least a little bit of it. One of my other favorite things about this recipe is that it contains no oil. Not that I am against oil but somehow it makes me feel a little better calorie wise.

Zucchini Brownies

Cream together:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup coconut sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
 In another bowl, sift together:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
Add the dry ingredients to the cream mixture. Blend well and then mix in:
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 - 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
Place in a lightly greased 8 x 8 pan. A 9 x13 works too- the brownies will just be thinner (which is what I do so they go farther to feed this crowd). Cook at 350 for about 25- 30 minutes. The brownies are done when a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Let the brownies cool completely in the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment