Monday, May 31, 2010

My "Polonious"

Some people may accuse me of having the Ophelia Syndrome when it comes to my affinity for Michael Pollan.

He is the guy who wrote The Omnivore’s Dilemma, Food Rules, and my personal favorite, In Defense of Food.

It is true that I pretty much agree with everything that he writes.

But in my defense, I have to say that a lot of his assertions were things I already believed myself.

In Defense of Food just clarified, organized, and supported a lot of the things I was already thinking about food.

And he said it all really well.

Much better than I ever could.

So it should come as no surprise that I heartily recommend reading this.

It might just change your life.

In a good way.


One Comment

  1. Rachel
    Posted May 31, 2010 at 11:47 pm

    I may yet read that book. On a different subject, you should be glad you don’t have TV. You are saved from having to see the new commercials from the corn growers of america trying to convince us that it’s okay to consume high fructose corn syrup. Hmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment