Monday, May 24, 2010

Olga's Lasagne


There are many lasagne recipes in this world, but this is the one recipe to rule them all.

I, unfortunately, cannot seem to control myself when eating this lasagne. It is pretty pathetic. I actually walk away from the table about 5 pounds heavier after consuming (inhaling) this powerful food.

The first time I ate Olga’s Lasagne it was in Olga’s house and made by her own hands. Olga is my brother-in-law’s sister and besides being a wonderful person, she is a master lasagne maker. After eating her lasagne all other versions paled in comparison.

Happy was the day I received this recipe in my inbox.

The secret to this recipe is the butter.

Yes, butter.

You know how I feel about butter.

But at least this has lots of spinach in it to offset the gluttony a little.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

Lasagne noodles
mozzarella cheese
ricotta cheese mixture
spaghetti sauce (I usually make my own- but anything would be great)
Just layer your lasagne like usual.

The special layer is the ricotta cheese mixture:

In a small pot on low heat saute 1/2 -1 cup onions in 1/4 cup butter
add 4 cups fresh chopped spinach
then 15 oz ricotta cheese

In a another small pot on low heat you will make a white sauce:

melt 1/2 cup butter
combine 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup flour and add to pot
add 1/8 tsp nutmeg and pinch of pepper
Whisk until mixture turns thick.

Combine the mixtures from the two pots.


This makes your ricotta cheese mixture and just alternate your layers as you please.

No comments:

Post a Comment