Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's My Philosophy?

So, apparently I have earned a reputation amongst my peers (well okay, maybe just my sisters) of being somewhat of a food nazi.

So when I announced that I was starting a “food blog” , I guess some people who know me personally figured that this would be a forum for me to rant and rave about the evils of high fructose corn syrup and pasteurized milk.

It is true that sometimes I get a little uptight about food.

But that my dear readers, is exactly why I have started this blog.

I don’t want to be so uptight about food.

Yes, I do want to be smart about it.

I don’t want to be like the proverbial ostrich with her head in the sand.

But let’s get one thing straight. Just because I hold certain views on food doesn’t mean I don’t want to know your views. The truth is, is that sometimes I don’t know what it is I think about food. I just know that I like to think and talk about and eat food.

And another thing. If you have a recipe that you love that you would like to share but you are worried about it because it has condensed soup in it, lay your worries to rest. It is all good. Please share and stop worrying so much!

This blog’s mission, if you will, is to share knowledge/opinions, impart wisdom, trade recipes, raise (and hopefully answer) questions, and in the process maybe create some peace for some of us where food is concerned.

I guess that is a pretty big mission statement.

I am aiming high.

At the very least it should be good for a few laughs and maybe some epiphanies every now and then.

And it definitely will have good food involved.

Even if some of it is not all that “good for you”.

Blog on….


4 Comments

  1. Jessica
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 1:35 am

    I have a love hate relationship with food. I love it and it in turn hates me and makes me fat. :) What I want is to love food that is good for me instead of junk. Because honestly I love junk food, not food. I am not sure why. But I am pretty sure I got a fat old warning about this when I was 17 and have been ignoring it ever since.

    I know one thing — thinking about eating better stresses me out. It just seems like a lot of work. And the way I eat and the way I feed my family makes me feel like a failure. But I don’t feel like I have the time or energy to focus on fixing the situation. There are so many other basic things that are going undone.

    I hope that this blog will help me find some recipes that are quick and easy and better for us than what we’ve been doing that I can convince Josh to make. Because, let’s face it, I’m not the one making dinner around here.

  2. Heathermommy
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 11:38 am

    It can be very overwhelming making changes. I think the key is one thing at a time. You need to find just one easy change and focus on that.

    Don’t feel like a failure, your family is being nourished. Healthy eating is a challenge and a journey. You don’t have to do every thing at once and you don’t have to be 100% perfect at it. No one is.

  3. Posted February 25, 2010 at 2:14 pm

    I’m so excited to try the pita bread recipe…I love to eat it with hummus…almost every day! I too am obsessed with food…this must be food-aholic anonymous, or something ;)
    But I am obsessed with eating healthy and making healthy food taste amazing, although I will never give up on chocolate. Thanks for sharing your cooking talent with us!

  4. Rachel
    Posted March 1, 2010 at 4:27 pm

    I like to buy my milk at the grocery store. And I use condensed soups. And we eat too much meat. I sometimes do feel like some people are food nazis. But I don’t worry about it all that much. We eat how we eat mostly out of financial necessity. When you pinch your pennies, they all count. Therefore I do what we can afford to do. And a lot of the time that means eating beef again! Still I like reading this blog. Mostly because I like you.


No comments:

Post a Comment