Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Movie Recommendation: Food, Inc.


Yesterday the kids and I watched Food, Inc.

Of course I had to watch this because my food geru Michael Pollan was in it.

That is one knowledgeable guy.

I highly recommend that you watch this film.

My kids proclaimed afterwards, "I am never eating at a fast food restaurant again!".

This was much more convincing than Supersize Me.

My 10 year old son said, "Mom, I never really knew what you were talking about before when you said that so much of the food we eat is bad for us. Now I believe you."

How is that for indoctrination?

The film does have somewhat of a liberal bent so I do not necessarily agree with all the suggested solutions. But I am all for truth no matter where it is coming from.

I kept wanting the film to go into more detail but it is only an hour and half long. But if you haven't read much on the subject, it is a good introduction to what is going on with food in this country.

And it might just make you want to change the way you eat.

Which is probably a good thing.

*I love the review of Food, Inc. that you can read here. I am watching Fresh next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment