Friday, November 5, 2010

Kirkland Signature Organic Peanut Butter

You light up my life!


Since I have a "Product Review" tab at the top of my blog, I thought it would be a good idea to actually post some product reviews once in awhile.

I am not sure if this will be helpful to anyone but I do have a few things that I buy that I absolutely adore and so I am sharing the love.

One of those things, is Kirkland Signature Organic Creamy Peanut Butter.

Yes, it is all natural.

No, it does not have any added sugar or any other scary ingredients.

Just Peanuts and Salt-that's it.

It is pure.

It is wholesome.

And it tastes so good!

I have been eating Natural Peanut Butter for the past 15 years. Before that I was a consumer of Skippy or JIF or Peter Pan -whatever. I love Peanut Butter.

But then my husband had that brilliant idea to stop eating sugar and so I started buying Adams.

Don't get me wrong, Adams served our family well for many years.

But once I discovered Kirkland's version, I was easily converted.

The best thing about this Peanut Butter is the taste. It is so yummy. The best Natural Peanut Butter I have ever tasted. It is silky smooth- it melts in your mouth.

The next best thing about this peanut butter is that it stirs together easily compared to other brands I have tried and it stays that way. (In case you didn't know, when you buy Natural Peanut Butter, the oil floats on the top and must be stirred in). I have never had mine separate again after I have stirred in the oil after opening.

A lot of people complain about the fact that it is a pain to stir in that oil. I say, "Oh yeah, well all that convenience is killing us ya know. Don't you think you could just stir in that oil so you don't end up with cancer one day?"

Except, I do not say that. I just think it.

Except, I guess I just did say it....

Ooops!

So here is what I do:

I get a mixing bowl and scoop all the contents from the jar into the bowl and then get my hand mixer out and beat that stuff all together until it is mixed well. Then I scoop it back into the jar, maybe wipe off the jar with a wet cloth if necessary and stick it in the fridge. The whole process takes less than 5 minutes. I timed it because I am trying to make a point.

5 minutes is worth your health, people!

Yes, keep it in the fridge. It doesn't have any preservatives so it will last longer if you refrigerate it. Plus it will be runny if you don't.

My kids eat this stuff up. I have 10 jars in my pantry right now and that is nowhere near a year supply for this crowd.

Is it expensive compared to fake peanut butter? I have no idea. I haven't bought that nasty P word stuff in 15 years. I decided years ago that it was worth it and I haven't ever considered for one second buying unnatural peanut butter.

Kirkland's Signature Organic Peanut Butter is available at Costco* for around $6 or $7 for two 28 oz. jars.

It is worth every penny.



*And yes, you can only get this at Costco so you also have to have a Costco membership. But Kirkland Signature has a lot of other great products besides this glorious, amazing Peanut Butter. Say what you will about Costco, but they listen to their members and therefore have a lot of healthier choices available for purchase. This is not a Costco commercial because nobody pays me to do anything! I wish! But it is my opinion that the price for a Costco membership is also worth every penny!

3 comments:

  1. i don't think they have that peanut butter at my costco but the new traders joes is opening today!!! and i like their peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you have me convinced. I will look and see if they have this PB at our Costco. The price doesn't actually seem that bad. We go through a lot of peanut butter around here and I really probably should have a healthier version. Thanks, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just use a knife in the jar.... maybe takes just as long! 5 minutes to jab, stir, jab up and down.... but it tastes great and love the simplicity of the ingredients. mmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete