Thursday, April 1, 2010

Taco Soup

Looking for something quick and yummy to serve for dinner?

This recipe mostly entails opening a few cans (the healthfulness of which is questionable) but you could make the same recipe without opening cans. It would just be more work.

This soup tastes great vegetarian style. Just omit the meat and if you want it thicker, add more beans.

1 pound ground hamburger, browned and drained

1 can diced tomatoes (we prefer Mexican style with cilantro and lime juice)

1 can tomato sauce (14 oz)

1 can black beans

1 can kidney beans

1 cup frozen corn

0-1 cup of water (depending on how thick/thin you like your soup)

1 Tbl chili powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

1/4 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients and let simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with a little cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream or whatever you like.

This recipe is a little on the spicy side so if you are a more mild person, be sure to add some water and cut down or omit the peppers.

One Comment

  1. Rachel
    Posted March 31, 2010 at 10:34 pm

    I love taco soup. I should not read this blog at 10:30p when I am starving and trying really hard not to eat before bed. Anywho, I made your Whole Wheat Buttermilk pancakes for dinner. I used milk and lemon juice because I forgot about needing buttermilk. I messed them up a little (long story), but they were delicious! Huge hit. Of course I think maybe I need to cut the recipe in half because we have a ton of pancake batter leftover. Pancakes for breakfast for the rest of the week. Woohoo! Thanks for the recipe, sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment