Sunday, January 9, 2011

Know Thyself




So, yeah, I am off of sugar again.

The first time was my greatest success-5 years of being sugar free!

To read the sad story (which my sisters find funny) go here: My Sad Sugar Story

Since that time I have taken periodic breaks from sugar.

Now is such a time.

7 days and counting....

This is a deal that I have made with my daughter who is a sugar addict too.

We agreed to abstain from the sweet stuff until her 18th birthday at the end of February.

On that day we will be selective about what sweets we inhale-for inhaling is no doubt what we will do.

After that my plan is this: I will allow myself to have homemade treats made with wholesome ingredients once a week.

And if I break that rule (which could happen) I will impose the no sugar rule on myself once again.

I have talked about my inability to be a moderate sugar eater before
. If you are the sort of person who can control your sugar consumption, I am happy for you (and maybe a little jealous).

But that is not working for me.

I am a work in progress.



P.S. For those of you who may be interested in my thoughts about food and health you can find those posts under "The Philosophies of Jen" in the labels section. They are not scholarly, nor particularly well-written, but may provide insight and/or be good for a laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I am sugar free as of December 31st. I am doing pretty well actually. I know myself and a little bit of sweets always turns into a lot so it is better for me to be on the stuff completely. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what exactly do you mean bu being off sugar? will you eat natural whole sugar like dates, raw honey, stevia, agave syrup,coconut sugar...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My self-imposed rules of no sugar are defined as:

    No sugar

    Simple huh?

    Just kidding. Until the deadline I am not eating anything made with honey, stevia, or agave either. I am however allowing myself to eat stuff made with dates.Once I get some control of myself I will start eating honey,etc again.

    ReplyDelete