Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Healthy Family Challenge-Week Five




Eat fish at least once this week.

Why should you eat fish? Because of those omega 3 fatty acids for one. Eating fish is good for your heart, your immune system, etc, etc....

I know that some people (most of my kids, most of my sisters) do not like fish. But you can do it. If you are a seafood hater, I recommend trying a mild white fish like Tilapia for starters.

Here are a couple links to some recipes using Tilapia that I love:

Parmesan Herb Baked Tilapia

Tilapia Cakes

One of the easiest ways I like to prepare Tilapia is thus:



*Thaw a fillet

*Throw it in a frying pan with a tiny bit of oil (maybe 1/2 -1 tsp)


*Sprinkle both sides with some spices (I have been loving Kirkland's Organic No Salt Seasoning)


*Cook it, turning it over once, until the fish flakes easily with a fork (anywhere from 4 to 10 minutes).



Then I like to eat it with a potato and a big pile of veggies. I also love to eat it on toasted homemade wheat bread with some lettuce and tomato. Yum!

Now go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment