Friday, January 14, 2011

Retro Peanut Butter




No, this isn't the recipe for the pie.

I think you can do a Google search though.

I am talking retro as in Latin for "backward"

Lets' go back a little to a couple of former recipes posted on Food Ophelia just a few short months ago.

These are two of my all time favorite dessert recipes, I kid you not. And I am worried you missed them.

My number one favorite thing about both of these recipes is that I can eat these desserts without feeling like I am doing some sort of irreversible damage to my body.

In fact, I would say that these actually do a body good.

Although I have no scientific proof to back this up.

This is not that kind of a blog.

That is just my opinion based on the little knowledge that I have that whole grains, fruit etc are good for you.




Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Shakes (click on the link) from my sister Heather

You know what the sweetener is in these glorious shakes? Bananas and dates. That is it.

In my no sugar state of being I am loving these peanut butter shakes more than ever. These are heaven and I dare say I would choose to drink one of these babies over some sugarfied concoction any ol' day of the week-even if sugar was an option for me right now.


I just love you so much I had to get these back on your radar. Do yourself a favor and make some shakes tonight. Try to share with your family because that is the right thing to do.




Second-oh these peanut butter cookies ( that was a link too).These definitely have more of a sugar factor but they are so delicious. Make sure you have lots of people to share them with or you could be in trouble.

I love these cookies better than any other peanut butter cookie recipe ever. That is saying a lot because I love all peanut butter cookies.

Try making these with agave* which is a low glycemic food. I did and they turned out just as delicious as the honey version.

I hope you have enjoyed George Washington Carver week* on Food Ophelia for that is what I dubbed this tribute in my mind. Now I am letting you in on it.

George Washington Carver did much to popularize peanut production in this country and for that, I am truly grateful.


* George Washington Carver Appreciation Day is actually January 5th. So I am a little late. But my motto in life is "Better Late than Never" -as everyone who knows me can attest. So, because I have loved Mr. Carver since childhood I hope to make up for the fact that I missed his big day, by dedicating this whole week to him.

** When using agave nectar, use 3/4 cup for every 1 cup of sweetener you are replacing. Reduce any other liquids by 1/3.

1 comment:

  1. i made those peanut beuuter cookies this morning when the heat went out so i could heat up the kitchen with the oven...

    ReplyDelete