Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Balls



While we are on the subject of peanut butter, I thought I would post one of my all time favorite no sugar recipes.

I could eat these all day-and actually I have. I keep them in an airtight container in my fridge and whenever I get a hankering for some peanut butter goodness, I go and (try to) eat (just) one.


Peanut Butter (Power)Balls

3/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 T frozen 100%orange juice concentrate, thawed
6 T frozen 100% apple juice concentrate, thawed
1 Tsp vanilla
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut OR nonfat dry milk
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup ground flax seed OR sesame seeds
1/3-2/3 cup chopped nuts of your choosing

Blend the peanut butter, juices, and vanilla in a bowl. Add coconut (or dry milk), oats, and flax seed (or sesame seeds) and mix until thoroughly blended.

Roll into balls 1 Tablespoon at a time. Then roll into the chopped nuts. Place the balls on wax paper to dry. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.

This is not a low fat food in case you couldn't figure that out on your own. But it is very nutritious and delicious and high in protein. Enjoy in moderation-if you can!

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try it. I'm gonna try it!! (I'll report back...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fantastico. A perfect snack for a pregnant mommy, no?

    ReplyDelete