Friday, January 21, 2011

What a Loser!

More than a dozen years ago we stopped watching television at our house

It happened one night as my husband and I sat down with our little kiddos to watch a Sunday night Disney movie on ABC, as was our custom at the time.

Then on came a questionable commercial. Then another one. And then another.....

My husband and I looked at each other and said, "enough"

And that was it.

We still had the TV and the VCR. And later the DVD player.

But we were no longer slaves to the boob tube.

And thus it will ever remain.

So over the years when everyone would talk about Lost and now House or The Office--

I really had/have no idea what anyone is talking about

and I like it that way.

But now.....

I have a confession to make.

I have become addicted to a TV show.

It is this really inspiring show called The Biggest Loser

Have you heard of it?

I joke. Of course you have.

Even I had heard of it.

I just didn't really know what it was.

Yes, I live in my own happy world.

But thanks to Hulu, our family is now regular viewers of The Biggest Loser.

Every Wednesday night.

Yes, I know it is on Tuesdays but at our house we watch it on Wednesdays, because we don't watch TV

sort of.....

There really is a point to this and somewhere it does have something to do with food. The point is that in the future I will probably be referring to The Biggest Loser a lot-because I am kind of fanatical about it. And so this post was the ice breaker. I needed to let my readership in on this and by readership I mean my sisters, because you know probably no one else reads my blog. And anyway, I just didn't want you to get all in my face about the fact that we watch a TV show ----on the internet-fyi--- and jump to the wildly ridiculous conclusion that we had started watching TV and start mocking me etc.

The End

3 comments:

  1. I'm training for a marathon now and when I'm feeling discouraged I think of the Biggest Loser contestants running a marathon with just a few months of training. (And still extra weight!) It keeps me going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back when I was actually exercising and trying to be healthy, The Biggest Loser really motivated me. I was watching it one night while exercising in my house. I was tired and wanted to quit, but I saw these 300 pound people running on treadmills and I thought, "I don't weigh 300 pounds. I can do that." That was the night I incorporated jogging into my exercise (I'd only been walking) and I exercised my full hour like I was supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No T.V. here either I watch The office, No Ordinary Family, and now The Event on Hulu - fyi

    But I don't watch the biggest loser. But I have seen it. I am glad you are liking it.

    ReplyDelete