Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tilapia Cakes

This one is for all you fish haters out there.

I do not know what it is about this recipe but you just can’t get enough of it. Don’t believe me? Just try it. You may like it.

This recipe involves a lot of chopping. But I am telling you, it is worth it.

I love the frozen individually wrapped Tilapia fillets you can buy at Costco. They have a really mild flavor and are easy to work with. I like the fillets to still be slightly frozen when I make this recipe. It makes the fish a little easier to work with in the chopping process.

4 tilapia fillets, finely chopped

1 onion, finely chopped

1/2 – 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped

2 Tbl fresh cilantro, finely chopped

1 tsp salt

1 egg

3 Tbl cornmeal

4 tsp olive oil

Combine the fish, onion, jalepeno, cilantro, egg, cornmeal, and salt in a bowl and mix together until all the fish is well coated.

Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a non-stick cooking pan.

Form the fish into small flat cakes and cook about 6 or 7 at a time. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through.

Repeat the process until all of the cakes are cooked. This makes about 18-24 small cakes.

Good luck not stuffing yourself. These are so good!


One Comment

  1. Posted March 25, 2010 at 9:16 am

    Not eating fish is a thing I am childlishly stubborn about. You’re not going to convince me to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment