Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baked Spaghetti


Here is a post/recipe from my sister Heather who is really the one who should have a food blog. Go Heather!

This is a standard at our house. Rick and I always eat too much because it tastes so yummy. This is supper fast and everyone I have made it for has loved it. I always make this to take to sick neighbors or new moms.

16oz package of whole wheat spaghetti (if you haven’t switched to whole wheat, now is the time. Just don’t tell the kids. I swear they won’t notice in this recipe. I think it also helps to use angel hair pasta when first getting used to wheat pasta)

2 eggs
4-5 tblsp of Parmesan cheese (the kind you shake out of a plastic jar)
about 8 oz of sour cream or plain yogurt (Sour cream is richer, yogurt is healthier and it still tastes yummy)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce ( you can make your own, we buy Ragu Light because there is no added sugar, just tomatoes, olive oil, basil, etc…)
Shredded mozzarella cheese

Boil the noodles, drain, put in a 9×13 pan.

Crack in 2 eggs and add Parmesan cheese – mix up with the noodles.


Spread layer of yogurt or sour cream on top of noodles (don’t mix in – just layer on top).

Pour on spaghetti sauce (again don’t mix in, just layer on top). Sprinkle cheese on top.


Bake at 350 degrees for 3o minutes.

Can serve this with garlic bread (best if it’s wheat!!) and a nice spinach or other green salad.

One Comment

  1. Tracey
    Posted March 29, 2010 at 4:24 pm

    I add some sauteed veggies to the spaghetti before I bake it. The vegetbales I add vary on what I have in the refrigerator. Some that I’ve added are onions, carrots, zuchini, and spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment