Friday, March 19, 2010

Potato Soup

This is a post/recipe from my sister Heather:

I originally got this recipe from my sister-in-law but my kids wouldn’t eat it because of the chunks. They only do Purreed soups so they can’t see all the veggies they are eating. So I tweaked it to this. It was very yummy.

1/2 cup carrots sliced

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped celery

salt and pepper

Saute veggies in pot with some butter or olive oil (not extra virgin - that doesn’t do well at high heat. Or try grapeseed oil or coconut oil.)

When veggies are soft add :

2 cups broth (Whatever kind you like)

1 cup water

Turn on high and when boiling add:

2 cups chopped potatoes – about 3

Turn down heat, cover and simmer till potatoes are soft.

Then puree soup in a blender.

Transfer back to the pot and add:

1 can of corn (drained)

1 cup cheese (the sharper the better!!)

1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cup milk (depending on the desired consistency)

Season with salt and pepper.

Heat on low heat till corn is warm and serve.

My kids ate it all up but my “picky” one left all the corn untouched at the bottom of her bowl!

2 Comments

  1. Posted March 19, 2010 at 4:20 pm

    This sounds delicious, but I like chunks. If I skip the pureeing step, will it come out okay?

  2. heathermommy
    Posted March 19, 2010 at 5:06 pm

    yes – just don’t puree it. You might want to do less on the milk so it won’t be too thin

No comments:

Post a Comment