Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yellow Happiness


This is a post from a Guest Blogger, Shauna:

When my husband and I were in The Big City a few weeks ago for his work convention, I pretty much spent all my time in our hotel room working on some of my assignments. I did go to the gym every day so that the maid could “do” the room (although I did consider putting the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and making the bed myself. But I do that every day and this was My Break. So I let her.)

One afternoon I did venture out for a couple of hours. I didn’t really need anything. It was just to get out and see what was out there.
I found an area with a lot of stores that looked like they’d be fun to go to, one of them being TJMaxx and next to it was a store called Good Home, or something. I rarely go to TJMaxx, so I went there first, and discovered the Good Home store was connected inside and they have lots of fun things for your home. Lots.
I didn’t know, until I saw it, that I needed this dish:

It spoke to me. It said, “Take me to your kitchen and we’ll make all sorts of happy food together!”

How could I not buy such a Happy Yellow Dish?
My challenge, of course, is that while I love beautiful and fun dishes, I don’t exactly like having to do a lot of cooking.
(But I keep trying.)

This Happy Yellow Dish sat on my counter for a week or two and I decided I really had to actually use it. So one busy night I made this:

It is a fast and easy go-to recipe that involves chicken, Ritz crackers and a stick of butter.

Yep. A Stick of Butter. And Ritz crackers.

And thinking about that crunchy Ritz cracker goodness makes me want to go eat one right now.

The thing I love about this cookbook is the author’s audacity to use a stick of butter in every recipe. That kind of cracks me up.

-Shauna

One Comment

  1. Heathermommy
    Posted March 10, 2010 at 8:23 pm

    I understand the happiness dishes can bring. We just threw away all of our plastic dishes and pulled out the “real thing.” I can’t tell you how happy this has made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment