Thursday, March 4, 2010

"DarK' Chocolate

This is a fun post from my friend Lauren:

This is a post from my friend Lauren’s blog. I use it with her permission. I thought it was too hilarious and too true. A good “food thought” as we are about to head into the weekend-Jen

dear chocolate bundt cake,
my past experience with bundt cake leads me to believe that you are dry and bland, but your simple appearance is quite deceiving. you are so delicious that you must be from the devil. i blame you for how uncomfortable my jeans have become. i am no longer allowed to bake you if you are going to be staying in my house. you are too dangerous to be my friend.
wishing i had more self control,
lauren

Here’s the recipe for the evil bundt cake:

Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix – the darker the better :-)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs

Mix for 2 minutes. Stir in 12 oz chocolate chips. Grease bundt pan well – either with flour or cocoa (I prefer the cocoa).
Cook 1 hr at 350 degrees. Cool 10 – 15 minutes on rack then turn out on another rack. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar when cool or drizzle chocolate sauce over top of cake.

-Julie Nebeker

3 Comments

  1. Posted March 5, 2010 at 12:02 am

    Yum!

  2. Ellen Walker
    Posted March 5, 2010 at 6:20 am

    I love it!

  3. Posted March 7, 2010 at 2:25 pm

    i was going to say nice post.. but its actually great


No comments:

Post a Comment