Monday, March 22, 2010

Corn Bread

This is the bestest corn bread in the world. I know that “bestest” isn’t a word but if it was, it would totally describe this corn bread.

I don’t like dry corn bread. I like my corn bread like moist cake. If you do too, you will love this. I have been making this for years and my son with Autism calls it “cake”. We like to eat it at the end of dinner with a huge glass of cold milk because it is more like a dessert.

You can increase the honey in this if you don’t think it is sweet enough or drizzle honey butter on top.

This recipe was originally from my friend Michelle’s mom. But I have modified it to make it slightly more healthy.

Combine:

1/2 cup butter, melted

1/2 cup honey

add 2 eggs, slightly beaten

Next mix:

1 cup of buttermilk ( or sour milk or plain yogurt)

1/2 tsp baking soda

let sit for a minute and then add to honey mixture and stir

add in:

1 cup of wheat flour (or half wheat, half all-purpose white if you are still scared of wheat)

1 cup cornmeal

1 tsp salt

Stir with a spoon until there are no more lumps. Do not over stir.

Place in a greased 11 x 7 (2 quart or equivalent) pan and cook in a 350 oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center.


2 Comments

  1. Rachel
    Posted March 22, 2010 at 7:47 pm

    This sounds yummy. I will let you know when we try this.

  2. Jessica
    Posted March 23, 2010 at 10:47 pm

    I need to get Josh on here so he can make some of these recipes. Because he is the house chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment