Monday, March 8, 2010

Black Bean Soup

Here is a post/recipe from my sister:

I don’t know about you, but I LOVE soups and since it is still cold here in Iowa I am still all about getting new soup recipes. So here is one of mine. I will post my lentil soup and potato soup recipes later this week. Would you mind sharing one of your favorites??

Black Bean Soup

1 med. chopped onion

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 cups chicken broth, divided

3 cans (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed, drained and divided

1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained

1 tsp ground cumin 1/2 tsp garlic salt

In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes. In a blender, place 1/2 cup broth and 1 can beans, cover and puree. Add to onion mixture. Stir in the tomatoes, cumin, garlic salt and remaining broth and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese (if you want) and serve with tortilla or pita chips.

-Heather

One Comment

  1. Posted March 8, 2010 at 11:48 am

    This sounds delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment