Monday, March 1, 2010

Amazingly Easy and Yummyy Salsa

Here is a recipe from my beautiful niece Cara:

Everyone has their own salsa preferences and this recipe happens to fulfill mine. I wouldn’t suggest it for someone who prefers really chunky salsa, but if you like cilantro and a more blended salsa, than this stuff is great. I love it and always end up eating a gallon of it in 2 days.

2 cans stewed Italian tomatoes
1 can stewed Mexican tomatoes
1 med. white onion
2 jalapenos
2 Tbs cilantro
2 Tbs lime juice
2 Tbs Italian seasoning
1 Tbs salt
1/4 tsp pepper

I use a chopper to dice everything up very small including the stewed tomatoes and then blend all the ingredients together. I take the seeds out of the jalapenos but it just depends on how spicy you like it. Refrigerate for at least few hours before serving.

-Cara

2 Comments

  1. Posted March 1, 2010 at 5:13 pm

    Cara,

    This salsa sounds awesome. I love “easy”. We are going to try it tomorrow!

  2. hkgbl
    Posted March 2, 2010 at 8:25 am

    The great thing about homemade salsa is that you can use it in so many other things. I use it as a starter for spaghetti and pizza sauces. I add it to crab and fish cakes, hummus, and chili. I garnish bean dishes with it. It’s incredibly versatile and I usually make a batch every week to have on hand for my planned menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment