Thursday, June 17, 2010

Barbeque Sauce

Barbecue season is upon us and so I thought I would share my favorite home-made barbecue recipe with you. I hate store bought BBQ sauce. It is always full of questionable ingredients.

This recipe only takes a few minutes to make and keeps in your fridge for several days. It fits nicely in a mason jar and can be used on burgers, ribs, chicken, for dipping, etc. My favorite way to eat it is cooking it with slow roasted pork. Yum!

Sauté:

1/2 large finely diced white or yellow onion

in 1/2 cube of butter for about 5 minutes

Add:

2 cups tomato sauce

1/2 cup lemon juice

4 Tbl Honey

2 Tbl Worcestshire sauce

2 tsp sea salt

1 tsp pepper

3 tsp paprika

1 tsp chili powder

3 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1 tsp allspice

1/2 tsp ground cloves

Let simmer over low/medium heat for about 15 minutes.

This is really more of a tangy sauce, not spicy. It will seem a little spicier if you just taste it than what it will be on anything you put it on. Increase the honey for a sweeter sauce.

I would love for you to share your BBQ sauce with me-or any recipes for that matter. Don’t forget to write me at foodophelia@gmail.com

One Comment

  1. Jessica
    Posted June 17, 2010 at 10:51 am

    Thanks for posting this. Josh likes making his own BBQ sauce, so we will give this a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment